We are faced with a very new agenda; We are afraid and rightly so. On the other hand, instead of being a prisoner of fear, we also have a problem of recovering as soon as possible and staying in balance.
- We are in a country whose agenda is always complicated, where suffering and death are frequent. Just when we were saying, “Are we taking the pain for granted?”, such an event occurred that all our balances were upset…. We are in doubt because we are unsure of whom to believe, we have great fears because we do not know what will happen next. Many of us have no experience of the coup, but we have read so much about it that we are right to be afraid. Moreover, this time the scenario is even more complex. Some of us have locked themselves in their homes, some of us have completely closed their eyes to the news, and some are on the screen every second… There are those who try to cope with humor, and those who are preparing to live in another country… But on the other hand, we have a huge problem! What will we do to be beneficial to ourselves, our loved ones and our country? We sought the opinions of the names in three different areas. Although the sentences are different, the message is the same: We will continue to live by staying at our center, focusing on the positive, making unity easier.
Let’s not focus on what we can’t change.
- How do you observe the psychology of the society after what happened on the night of the coup? The coup was a pretty heavy night for all of us. At that time on Friday evening, the question of “What are we doing tomorrow?” was replaced by the panic of “Alas, what are we going to do?”. Many things have changed in an instant. Doubt began to kick in. With the question “Who is telling the truth?”, which even causes paranoid disorder symptoms, he activated unrealistic glances at the reality, which seems to be too big to be removed.
A picture was drawn as if breakfast the next morning, a place to go or places to visit, that is, the things that made us who we are, were taken away from us overnight. ‘Is there a sequel? Where is the country going? Will I be unemployed? Concerns such as “What will my future be?” began to emerge. As a result, there were people who applied to us with symptoms that could be diagnosed with anxiety disorder and even panic attack. Others, instead of assessing the situation, started to act as if such a problem did not exist, preferring “denial” or “changing direction” as psychological defense mechanisms in order to create the opportunity to cope. The most important point here is this: everyone is in a state of serious shock and we know that shock does not come out of nowhere. As we go back to the old order, to the flow of daily life, one enters a healthy and normalized life again. The rapid progress here will be possible when the order in our country is brought to order as soon as the mind and logic are united. The way to get out of this shock as quickly as possible is to continue with whatever the current order requires. Thus, instead of feeling powerless and unqualified as a result of the authoritarian approach, returning to the order that enables him to realize himself will remind the person of the “self” that he has forgotten with panic, and the person will start to feel powerful again.
- In the continuation of such great social events, the feeling of hatred increases. What is the way to turn the situation into a positive one and to ensure that these experiences were not in vain? Such big events cause uncontrolled behavior with the thought “I have nothing to lose anymore”. It is very dangerous. The way to prevent this is, first of all, not to ignore the problems that people may experience in other areas of their lives, along with their instantaneous reactions. On the other hand, it is something different when in a quiet community a person comes out and vents his anger and goes out when he sees no one acting with him; My most important advice; Acting in a controlled and virtuous manner by warning each other, and supporting each other in this sense, based on the fact that the most valuable thing that makes a human being is the intelligence, reason and communication skills that he has managed to turn in his favor.
- It seems that people are very scared. For example, the post that started with “The situation is very bad…” and spread rapidly on social media became a proof of the fear of “What if something happens to me!”. What is the way to deal with fear? Fear is like doubt. Once it enters us and passes into our center, we become weak, weak, annihilated. Fear prevents people from focusing on the most important food sources such as self-confidence, confidence and peace. With this obstacle, we start to focus on the negative and anxiety, ignoring even the positive things. Being afraid of the events and uncontrollable latest situations is of course a perfectly normal and healthy reaction. But the way to turn this to our advantage; Thinking, “Whether I’m afraid or not, I won’t be able to change anything.” Therefore, instead of destroying myself with anxiety, worry and fear, I should solve as much as I can and focus on other beauties and energizing resources of life.
- What can we do in our individual lives that will benefit ourselves, our relatives and the society? First of all, we should not forget that in our individual lives; There are certain roles we all have in this life. Of course, together with the events and needs, we can all act differently and according to the needs. However, if we concentrate on human behavior patterns such as “being human”, giving support, extending a hand, smiling, touching his shoulder and saying “well done” without making any distinction between you and me, we will set a very good example to the society. On the other hand, when we talk about situations that are constantly negative and insecure, such as military service or having different views, we should try to add another point of view. Yes, there are unreliable people in this life, but they also have credibility, but there are also those who use it for good. Being in the military, being a soldier or being able to act together increases one’s empathy ability. We can take initiatives that will contribute to the spread of the idea “We are all human and we must do whatever we can for each other because we need each other”.
- The number of people who say “I don’t want to live in this country anymore” is increasing. Is leaving the solution? Of course it’s not the solution. So at least it’s not a realistic solution. Because wherever you go in the world, if your problems are with you, it doesn’t matter where you go. Of course, the efforts of people to realize themselves again by merging into a comfortable, civilized and high-prosperity community are very valuable, but the same can be done by staying in our country. People act this way only when they cannot find the strength, energy, belief in themselves and around them to change anything. It’s like saying, “There’s no way it can be better”. There is always something better, or rather, more convenient.