After the winter that seemed like it would never end, the sun finally warms your whole body. One month left until summer vacation; plans are made. What you need now is a detox and balancing plan that can help you get fit for the summer.
After a long and brutal winter where we wonder when we will see the sun, we are at the time when we need to cleanse our bodies of toxins and enter the summer with a more fit look. ‘The right nutrition and detox program to be carried out before the summer vacation helps us to strengthen our immune system and have a healthy appearance during the busy holiday season.”
Normally, our body has a natural detox system and this detox process is carried out in the liver, which is very effective in removing toxins from our body. While the first liquids that come to mind when it comes to detox are extremely restricted diets, it is possible to lose weight permanently and get rid of the excesses in our body with the right meals and the right foods, without boring ourselves one month before summer.
Lifestyle changes that you can apply 1 month before summer vacation, cleanse your body and strengthen the immune system…
- 1 week diet example to lose weight before summer vacation
11 suggestions to strengthen the immune system
- Water plays a critical role in detoxifying the body, activating the bowels and urinating. Therefore, do not forget to start the day by drinking 1 glass of water every morning and drink at least 2 liters of water during the day. For those who say they can’t drink even though they don’t want to drink water, it helps to remove flavorings such as lemon, mint, apple peel and cinnamon in the water. At the same time, it is very important for individuals who do not have stomach problems such as gastritis and ulcers to add lemon or apple cider vinegar to the water they will consume in the morning to support fat burning.
- Try to start the day with foods containing probiotics. As a matter of fact, probiotics, which have very important effects on the digestive system, increase the number of beneficial bacteria in your intestines, while helping to reduce your symptoms such as constipation, bloating, indigestion and gas, and increase your immune functions. For this reason, it is important to include foods such as yogurt, kefir and boza in your nutrition programs. At the same time, it has been proven that some beneficial bacteria in these foods help to control weight by reducing body fat.
- Start your meals with soup. Those who do not like to drink soup can start their meals with salad consumption. In this way, you gain a feeling of satiety and cause you to consume less portions.
- Include more whole grains in your meals, such as oats, buckwheat, brown rice, which provide satiety for a long time thanks to their high fiber content.
- Take care not to consume more than 1 cup of coffee a day. Do not forget that excessive consumption of coffee during the day in women supports the formation of cellulite. However, if you want to provide fluid support to your body other than water, you can choose teas that support fat burning such as green tea, sage, fennel, nettle, echinacea tea. Consume these teas at least one hour after your meals.
- Choose a solid breakfast in the morning, a meal with protein and healthy fats at noon, and a lighter meal high in fiber in the evening. Do not forget to give yourself time to ensure full saturation in meals. As a matter of fact, the transmission of the saturation signal to the brain takes place 20 minutes after the start of the meal.
- Reduce your consumption of refined sugars. Consumption of foods and beverages with high sugar content causes health problems as well as calorie intake. You can meet your daily sugar needs as natural sugar by consuming fresh fruits such as apples, oranges, strawberries, or dried fruits such as prunes and dried apricots, instead of packaged products such as chocolate and biscuits. However, what you need to pay attention to here is that the fruit you consume corresponds to one serving. 4 medium dried apricots, 1 small dried fig, 5 prunes and 5 small dates are equivalent to 1 portion of fruit.
- Include more foods with high antioxidant content in our daily diet. Especially artichoke, asparagus, purslane, which we are in full season, especially strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries are among the foods with high oxidant content and vitamin C and E levels. These foods with high antioxidant content remove free radicals in the body and reduce oxidative stress in the body. At the same time, remember that by consuming foods high in vitamin C, you can help reduce cellulite and brighten your skin.
- To take advantage of the metabolism-boosting effect of spices, be sure to add chili pepper, turmeric, ginger, black pepper and thyme to your meals.
- Move your body. Perform one movement each day, such as walking, cycling, crossfit, yoga or pilates. Do not think that you have to go to the gym for this, a brisk 3-minute walk daily can often be more beneficial.
- Focus on your breath. Most people don’t realize it, but every breath we take is a kind of detox. Taking deep breaths for 5 minutes or more every day can be a very effective detox tool. The goal is deep breathing or diaphragmatic breathing.