• It takes a professional staff of top fashion designers, makeup artists, and the most elite couturiers–more than 100 people in all–to create a Barbie doll and her fashions.
• Barbie has been a muse to many artists over the past six decades, including Andy Warhol and Peter Max.
• Twiggy was the first celebrity to have a doll in her likeness.
• Oscar de la Renta was the first designer collaboration in 1985.
• The #1 honor from the Barbie brand is to be immortalized in plastic. The brand has honored role models from ages 6 to 99.
• In 1997, the hit song, “Barbie Girl,” by Aqua topped the charts.
• In 2014, Moschino show was inspired by Barbie, complete with her dream wardrobe.
• Barbie has fans of all ages. The National Barbie Doll Collectors Convention has been driven by doll clubs across the country for over 25 years.